LRFF is looking for two Marketing Assistants to join their #LRFF2014 team
If you are a marketing student/professional or an aspiring filmmaker looking to learn the workings of the film festival business or if you simply love films, here is your chance to be a part of it all with the Little Rock Film Festival. As we kick planning into high gear in preparation for LRFF2014, the LRFF is looking for two self motivated individuals to join our marketing team.
Positions open: Marketing Assistants
This is a volunteer position. There is no monetary compensation provided. Both positions will have staff level access to all film/events/panels and parties during the festival.
The LRFF will be held May 13-18, 2014 in downtown Little Rock.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Identify bloggers/leaders and influencers and reach out to them with opportunities to engage with LRFF.
- Work with Marketing Mangers to establish social media strategy, timelines and best practices.
- Manage social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, Flickr, YouTube) and editorial calendar to ensure content is approved and released on time.
- Maintain and manage the LRFF email newsletter base and create and send daily e-newsletters to LRFF subscribers and other adhoc emails as required during and leading up to the festival.
- Ensure accuracy of all outgoing emails and messages.
- Manage and curate daily editing of LRFF’s Homepage and recent news section.
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end.
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Exceptional eye for details.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and to deal with various departments seamlessly.
- Good working knowledge of email marketing applications.
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs.
- Be available for at least 10-15 hours a week before the festival and atleast 20 hours during the festival week.
- Understands and can or is willing to learn and utilize emerging platforms and social media measurement tools including: HootSuite, Tweetdeck, Klout, etc.
- Adobe Creative Suite and WordPress experience a plus.
- Resume building experience in marketing and communications, relationship/event management, and other aspects of community relations, marketing, and the film industry.
- Great opportunity to learn about what happens behind the scenes of a nationally recognized film festival and how to manage it all by working directly with the co-founders and the marketing director.
- Opportunity to interact with visiting filmmakers from around the world
- Volunteer pass with staff level access to all films and events (during non working hours)
Interested applicants please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org